Sunday, October 21, 2012

ywhw,... Yahweh,... YWHW


For my dear wife.  She sees me sometimes wondering what to draw next and a while back I was in one of my pondering moods, so she stated - "Why don't you draw Jesus,.. ".  I thought the idea was good, so I ran some mental images with her and she ended the brainstorming with - " ... the Jesus that was framed and hung on the wall at my Grandparents."

So,.. without a time machine or living Grandparents to ask,... I took a shot at a typical portrait of a very caucasian, long haired, handsome, strong Jesus Christ, son of Adonai. 





I
hope
I
did
him
justice
in
your
eyes.


























,... amen my love, Amen!





p.s.  the Vatican announced in August of 2008 that hundreds of thousands of Catholic priests must no longer recite the Biblical name for God, YWHW. The Catholic news service, Zenit, reported that "YWHW" which many Christians often spell and pronounce as “Yahweh” or “Jehovah,” was never meant to be uttered aloud. Such is its sacredness. The Vatican instead says to use the Hebrew “Adonai,” which translates as “Lord.”  (Elohim is also acceptable).

1 comment: