Monday, October 8, 2012

Elvis,.... (again)


done. Done! ,... done?
... or so I thought, but it still did not look right to me.  Although the top one may look ok at first glance, those eyes,.. those darm eyes which have haunted me since I started this project.





The left eye
(on your right)
was too low and
broke the brow line.










So I lifted the eye a little and to my taste it now looks much better.




Here are close ups,...







I think in
redrawing
the eye I
improved
on it,..
... maybe.













I had thought the hair would be a challenge here and it certainly was but it seems the lesson of always being aware of all possible problems is a lesson I had to learn again,...



















.... even the mouth was not too troubling,...






















Drawn on 14 x 11 on 80lb paper.
HB graphite,  0.5mm and 0.7mm mechanical pencils.
Kneaded and hard erasers.
Various methods and tools to blend and shade,
(finger tips, tortillon, cloth and my first time with a sponge).



(not one of my favorites, but it does like some what like Elvis)
:..

No comments:

Post a Comment