Saturday, October 27, 2012

,... to shed a tear.


Seemingly one of the rights of passage for all drawing artists is the close-up of the eye.
I have drawn quite a few in the past but I really like this take on it,..  so I took my hand to task and gave it a try.






Credit where credit is due, this idea is from a video lesson by Domerelly Dibujando, a very talented artist from Lima, Peru.  (Gracias, Señora Domerelly).   The entire lesson is in Spanish and since I know very few words in Spanish, (cerveza, gracias and no-habla-español), it proves to me that music and art are without a doubt universal languages.

I liked this, it was fun and the outcome is visually pleasant.  It is a small piece,  5" x 8", 65 lbs paper, 0.5, 0.7 and 0.9 mm HB mechanical pencils, kneaded eraser and vinyl eraser pencil as well as various blending tools (stumbs, tortillons, spongits and cloths).    For the record,.. not all tears are tears of sorrow or fear,... some are simply an abundance and overflow of positive emotions.

Here are some closeups of this closeup.



























































sB

No comments:

Post a Comment