Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ywhw,... advances




First, the eyes were a little too closed,.. so I raised/opened the upper eyelid. This had the effect of diminishing a heavy brow and adding a bit of a doe-eyed look, (which seems to be often used in portraits of this messiah).



















Second, there is the mouth, lips and beard,... they were too feminine, particularly the lower lip. I brought them in to the face (moved them left) and developed the beard around them.  The chin is still protruding a little but I wanted him to have a strong chin.



















So far I have the visage in place and feel it is for the most part complete, other than a few tweaks as I draw the hair and clothing around the neck and add shadows and directional light effects.






























.....

No comments:

Post a Comment