Monday, October 15, 2012

more framing (and some sketches)


I decided to take it easy on Sunday (yesterday) and spend some time with my art,.. worked on the wood frame a little more and drew some sketches for friends, family and simple technique study.

I should mention that this project will be a gift and the art I am displaying here is mostly the study to try and perfect the techniques for wood, shadows and reflections. As well as introducing new materials and skills.  This is my first attempt at a Trompe-L'oeil (trick-the-eye) work.  It will be a shadow box with various items inside giving a three dimensional feel.


Here are a few closeups of the frame.
































As I study, read and practice more and more on how to do this to make it look right, I do sketch and keep that muscle nimble.  Below are a few items I either promises friends or needed to try. (proper credits have been assigned where due).

What started off as Jesus, turned more into a hobo, a rather gaunt hobo at that. So I guess this is my idea of a Hobo Jesus.


















(no disrespect to anyone)



Following that I drew Mickey Mouse for a friend and sketched out a side project of the Hulk (that ones for me).


















(Mickey Mouse is property of the Disney Corp.)                                                                                                                          (Hulk is property of  Marvel Comics)




Finally it is my dear wife's birthday and I have drawn her a card for the past few years and here is the latest,... psst, it's her birthday today.  This is taken from a drawing by John Petersen off his scAtterBrain blog from about 18 months ago.




...

No comments:

Post a Comment