Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hands of a Rocker.


Boy oh boy, bad boy boogie. These hands almost got the best of me,.. but I think I finally got the best of them (or at least the best I can do now). This post will be lengthy and possibly boring to most since it will be about my minor obsessions during a composition, project or drawing.

The point is to always be improving, but it is very easy to end up overdrawing a part you might get obsessed with, (lets hope that is not what happened here, since the drawer is usually the last one to know when they have overdrawn). In the original photograph by Lisa Tanner, Angus' right hand is seemingly picking in the Angus particular style, hence it looks odd or simply wrong or highly deformed. I thought I could correct it and make it more agreeable with what we would expect to see in a human hand and here are my attempts,..
  




first attempt
(made them a bit larger)






 second try
(reset the fingers to
an accurate placement)
on the fret board)











third (but not final) experimentation, I think I am getting where I want to be.
(and for those aficionados I have not forgotten the tuning peg/keys)



Eventually I think I succeeded to some degree, but still something was bothering me about it,...
















I thought seeing the strings between the middle and ring finger was rather nice, but I believe sacrificing that pleasing image and bringing the ball of the palm up finally is what I wanted. This looks good to me now.

Also, in the interim of working, reworking and possibly over-working the hands I touched up on the guitar body and completed the fret board and head.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment