Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gillian Anderson (completed)


This one was for me. Being an X-file-ophile and like most men I suppose, I had/have a wonderful boyish crush on Special Agent Dana Scully played by actress Gillian Anderson. I thought it too easy to draw an image of her from the X-files show, so when I found this photograph I knew this was it.

















I have serious reservations with the hair, I could get by with stating it was artistic expression, but the fact is I wanted more realism. I have to work on that, (and to be honest, this version is already with a complete do-over on the original hair I drew).  Some parts of the hair are ok, and I believe I sort of captured Gillian's look. However it is not beyond me to see that something is 'off',.. but it is beyond me to see what exactly is 'off'.   (oh yeah,.. I will be revisiting this one).


















Nonetheless, it is completed (for now) and I would not be embarrassed to show it (as evident here).  Materials were an HB, 6B woodless graphite, 0.7mm mechanical pencil, kneaded and soft erasers, a tourtillion, blending stump and my all time favorite blending tools, my finger tips (highly unrecommended since the oil from your finger tips can cause all sorts of problems). Size: 11x14 on 100lb paper.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment