Friday, July 27, 2012

Angus Young


Done, done and done.  This was a very personal project for me,.. I have been a fan of ACDC since early 1980,.. when Back in Black was released. We all have a musical artist that takes our breath away at an early age and forever makes us see the world in a different light. I was simply lucky enough for mine to be the raunchy, raw, bluesy, simple, easy, rhythmic, loud, questionable music of this real down to earth band,.. thanks guys for helping making me Me.      
































 So much to say about this piece. 11 x 14 on 100lb paper using HB, 4B and 6B graphite pencils, kneaded and hard eraser. Simply put I experimented with all sorts of materials to blend and brush the graphite on this one. Brushes, paper towel, felt and tortillons but oddly enough a piece of leather was what seemed the best for the background and I managed to completely refrain from using my fingertips.  I also learned that if a project will have a lot of graphite/charcoal then a heavier(thicker) paper is necessary, also that blending lightly and pressing hard has two very different outcomes...

... but the final result is not too bad.
















...

No comments:

Post a Comment