Thursday, September 13, 2012

... teaching me lessons,...


This lion is teaching me some new tricks. I thought it would be easier than it is turning out to be, but I am learning a lot (about myself and my skill level) and I have to admit I am  liking what I see,.. well, most of what I see. 





















My issue with hair/fur is obviously still an obstacle I have yet to fully conquer and when I stand back and observe my progress, I think I might have been doing it right in certain areas (ie: above the forehead, under the chin) but the rest is still terrible to me, (mostly because I was trying for more realism and failed). So I need to try harder and I also have to tease the hair at the top of the head and as for the rest, althought it looks like it is going everywhere, I need to make it seem less uniform and more windblown.  On the other hand, it seems I have a better handle on perspective (I am liking how the paw is looking,.. although not finished it is going in the right direction).



 Here is a closeup of the face,..  before and after some finishing touches.
























I think adding darker shadows on the cheek and some darker hairs behind the chin makes the entire face/head longer, more masculine, massive,... which is what I am aiming for. I want the final product to be a tender moment between father and son, with a sense of how different they are at this junction in thier respective lives.



Meanwhile,... I keep working, reworking and overworking the hair/fur. I am slowly going to start on the lioncub also.

No comments:

Post a Comment