Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Felidae - Panthera - Leo


It's been a few days,.. I've been trying to get back into the groove with this piece but I think it is not the piece that is stalling me but drawing in general. I am not giving up drawing in the least - just sorting ideas in my head. I actually think the drawing is going to come out ok,.. I am truly trying to give it a realistic feel but the hair in the mane is still very much a work-in-progress,.. in the end I think it will be acceptable.


















In the Felidae family, the Panthera Leo is the male lion often/oddly known as the "King of the Jungle", they typically inhabit savanna and grassland, although they may take to bush and forest. Lions are unusually social compared to other cats but I still would not want one on my lap,..but that is just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment