Sunday, June 3, 2012

George Carlin,...(spfccsmft)


In the past few weeks I have been multitasking my multitasking and it finally caught up with this old body. This past week my body clearly let me know to slow down or it would slow me down, by making me ill enough to have no choice but go home in the middle of the day.  

So I took the day off yesterday, (well as 'off' as I can for a Saturday around the house), and with this partial time to myself I completed my drawing of George Carlin. At the moment I am reserving the right to withhold any pride in this project because I am still uncertain on some aspects. 

Having said that,.. here it is.







Again, my preferred tools were an HB pencil, a dark soft charcoal, a hard eraser and soft kneading eraser. I did all of the smudging with my finger tips, and the final size is 18 x 24 (life size) on 80 lb paper.














In all fairness (to myself) I believe I managed to get the eyes right,..































... and the mouth I can honestly say I am happy with.


The hands (which I had feared so much) turned out a little easier than I anticipated. I will admit that in the full context of the complete image, the hands carry more weight than I originally thought. One of the many aspects of Mr. Carlin's genius was his facial expressions and manual gesticulations,... hence the reason this pose is simply pure George Carlin and anyone else in this pose would look foolish.








































Finally ,.... a close up of the face.






















Even in my reservations to be too proud, I am planning on putting together another short video of this projects progression.  As always, thank you for dropping by and letting me share my art. I do it primarily for myself, but there is a silent gentle joy in sharing something so personal.
(as always, any and all thoughts and/or critiques are welcomed)
...

No comments:

Post a Comment