Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stonehenge (wip) ...continued

It is a good experience but turning out to be more for my ego than a real learning experience. However I did learn that when drawing rocks, stones or rough terrain - the paper you use can be very important. I used a slightly course paper and it was helpful. It was all done with an HB pencil which I had let the lead out and worn down to a beveled edge. Other than that I erased (shadows) and smudged a little with my fingers (clouds).


I suspect I will have to use darker graphite to complete the ground and bring out the clouds,.. I might even add depth to the darker shadows.


In the close up below you can more easily see how the texture of the paper helped establish the texture of the stones.



I am still working on "Miss You All" but my next project will be entitled "Peggy".
Fathers Day is coming up and I thought I might draw my parents golden retriever (Peggy) whom they lost to old age earlier this year. She was a beaut.

I hope to post my start of "Peggy", an update of "MYA" and the completion of "Stonehenge" soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment