Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stonehenge (wip)

Last week I was sadly kept away from the drawing board,.. need to do what needs to be done to pay the bills some times. Meanwhile I kept drawing "Miss You All" in my head and noticed that I was struggling with shadows,.. actually to be precise it was the conversion of multiple colors to scaled grays that was difficult.



I remembered this photograph of Stonehenge (by Frédéric Vincent) with all the shadows on gray stone and thought it might help me attain a better skill set for shadows and then I can work on the conversion of colors to grays. I will grant you that it is a rather dull picture with no feel of activity - BUT it is Stonehenge and has a magical sense of its own.

Here is what I have so far,..



Thus far I have only used an HB pencil and will no doubt use many more shades before it is completed. Matter a fact, since it is a test project and learning peice I might work on it until I over-work it,.. but that is when you learn the most.



stay tuned for more,...

No comments:

Post a Comment