Saturday, May 30, 2009

Betty Engine (completed)

Done and done.



I quit counting the hours on this project at 40, but suspect it was about 65 or so and to be honest I think I could spend more time on it still (and probably will until I seal it). I did get a wonderful suggestion to make the darks darker and it did make the chrome effect 'Pop'. I could not manage to get the dark effect I wanted with the tools I had so I rode to town yesterday and purchased a 6B,.. I believe it made the difference.

Below is another close-up detail to prove how somethings look better from a distance,...

,... but this close up it shows my pencil work, shading, lack of blending and inaccuracies. Having said that, I am still proud of the final work.

The dimensions of the final project are 12"x9" on 65lb acid free paper. Tools used were an HB, 2B, conte #555, 6B, kneaded, pink and stick eraser as well as a small and medium tortillon.

Thanks for reading along and stay tuned for my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment