Monday, July 15, 2013

Hand and Nail, Trio,.... (FINAL) {updated}


Here it is, the final piece in this three part series.  My first in a series,.. I guess three is a good start.
The next few pics show a pregression,.. followed by some closeups.  I personally always like to see closeups of other artists works. In seeing the individual pencil marks usually will teach me something for my art.

 










Here are the closeups,...











The use of mechanical pencils (0.5  0.7  & 0.9mm) was paramount for the detail needed for these (well, at least at my skill level).  Although I have to admit the idea of graphite, coal, carbon or clay surrounded by a wood then sharpened and honed to the desirable shape is very pleasing,.. but maybe less practical.  I did a lot of blending with my fingers, which is not often recommended but really did give the results I wanted. I also used a sharp tipped tourtillon and blunted/crushed tip one.   The erasers were a kneading eraser, and a semi-hard vinyl Magic-Rub.     




{for full disclosure I should admit that frisket was used for the nail,.. I thought it was the idea method to have the nail pop closer to reality}

sB

No comments:

Post a Comment