Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Inner Bear


So I have this large 80 lb paper (18x24) and when the thought of drawing a bear came to mind, the idea of drawing it (almost) life size was intriguing.  Turns out I would probably need paper twice that size,. these creatures are HUGE!   However I still feel drawing a large animal, on even just half scale, allows for details to come out as well as emotions.   So this is somewhat my mood I suppose,.. angry at life, screaming at the world, determined to be menacing enough to be left alone,...

(I drew this in about a weeks time, so this will be a single post progression,.. followed by a post to show the final product).








































































Close ups were maybe more interesting on this drawing,.. the particular details due to the size are more easily seen.

 























































........................
Tools used:   HB and 4B graphite pencil, kneading and pink erasers. Felt a little lazy to experiment on this one, other than playing with the detail of the fur.



No comments:

Post a Comment